Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Spiced Pecans - Feingold Stage 1



3 cups (about 12 ounces) of pecans or other nuts
1 egg white
1 TB of water

Combine one egg white with 1 TB of water. Beat for a couple minutes until frothy. Add pecans and stir well.

In another bowl combine:

½ white sugar (I use organic from Costco)
½ brown sugar (Domino Light Brown Sugar)
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cloves (omit for stage one or use allspice instead)
1 tsp salt

Pour mixture over pecans and stir well. Place in a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Stir half way through. I set my timer for 15 minutes so I don’t forget to stir them. Allow to cool before serving.


I added a few almonds (stage two), cashews, and walnuts as well to try them out. They were all really good! But, the mixture seems to stick best to the pecans. Cinnamon is a medium salicylate so eat in moderation/watch for reactions.


Feingold Stage One (if you omit the cloves)



For more info on the Feingold Diet, check out my new book, "All Natural Mom's Guide to the Feingold Diet - A Natural Approach to ADHD" available now on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment