Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing - Feingold Stage 1





I just cancelled my Lifetime Fitness membership so I was on the hunt for salad dressing recipes to try to match what they serve there. This one is pretty close if not a perfect match. 


I love that most of these ingredients are healthy for you...and raw! Fresh lemon juice is great for cleaning out your liver and digestive tract, especially first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some people drink warm water with lemon juice. I prefer this salad! 

My daughter doesn't like this dressing but that's OK. Some things are just best left to mom. :) 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use organic or use Bertolli)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp fresh minced oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp sugar (I use organic or C&H cane sugar)
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper (to taste)
1/8 tsp salt (to taste)

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste. Let sit for an hour or so, then whisk again before serving. I serve mine over a spring salad mix with romaine lettuce and spinach added. I store in a small glass Mason jar in the fridge. 

I take it out of the fridge and shake it and let it sit out for a few minutes before serving as it solidifies slightly. I've added a few sliced strawberries to this before too and it was good. I'm not sure how long this lasts in the fridge. I use it up within a few days. 

Makes about 3 to 4 servings.

Feingold Stage 1

I found this recipe on www.food.com. 



For more info on the Feingold Diet, check out my new book, "All Natural Mom's Guide to the Feingold Diet - A Natural Approach to ADHD" available now on Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment