Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bruschetta Bread


 

2 tomatoes (I like using Roma), seeded and diced


3 TB olive oil


1 TB fresh oregano (or ½ TB of dried)


2 TB chopped fresh basil (or 1 TB dried; tastes better using fresh)


2 tsp chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)


¼ tsp pepper


½ tsp salt (I use Redmond’s Real Sea Salt)


2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced


¼ of a sweet onion or shallot, chopped (optional)


¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional; if dairy free, can use Daiya mozzarella cheese)




Combine all ingredients except for the parmesan cheese in a bowl.
If you are gluten free, I like to put this on top of Anna’s gluten free bread from Whole Foods or your local health food store. It’s a bread mix. One of the best gluten free breads. Cut in slices. I toast the bread in the toaster oven first to warm, then add the tomato mixture and warm again just until warm. If you put the tomato mixture on first, the bread tends to get too soggy.

If you are not gluten free, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced French or Italian type bread on a baking sheet and spread tomato mixture on top, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes.




I like to use make this in the summer because I grow basil, parsley, and roma tomatoes in my garden.  You can use as much or little of the above ingredients as you like.  I just use this recipe as a starting point, and adjust to personal taste. I don’t usually add the onion or cheese.  If you’re making this recipe for a party, you will definitely need to at least double the recipe. 




Feingold Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment