Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chili Mac






1 lb of ground beef (I order from www.grasslandbeef.com)

1 - 15 oz can of stewed tomatoes (may need to chop these up a bit) 

1 TB of chili mix (see recipe below)

2 cups of cooked noodles (we use Tinkyada  gluten free or most regular noodles are fine too)



Chili Seasoning Mix:



1 TB chili powder (if you want it hot instead of mild, use 2 TB)

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp onion powder

2 tsp cumin

½ tsp garlic powder

1 tsp oregano


For Chili Seasoning Mix:  Mix all the spices and store in an airtight container or glass jar in a cool, dry place.  If you like this recipe, double the above seasoning recipe and store for later use.


Directions:


Brown the ground beef in a skillet.  Add the tomatoes and chili mix and heat through.  Add the cooked noodles and mix together, then serve.  I put this in a thermos for my daughter for school.  When I do this, I undercook the noodles slightly.   


Feingold Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment