Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lemonade - Feingold Stage 1





1 cup sugar (I use organic from Costco)


1 cup hot water


3 to 4 cups cold water (I use 4)


1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice



Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves.  Add this to a pitcher.  Add 1 cup of lemon juice (I usually use about 6 organic lemons).  Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water. Stir and enjoy. 

You can also add pureed strawberries or rasberries to your lemonade (this would be Feingold stage 2) and throw into popsicle molds. 

I have a Pampered Chef pitcher that has the stirrer built in.  I make one and a half times the above recipe and it just barely fits in this.  But, I usually have kids lined up for some so it works out well.  Then I add some ice cubes.

My mom has a lemon tree in her backyard in Florida so she juices lemons in 1 cup increments and freezes them in zip lock freezer bags to make lemonade when we come down. 



Feingold Stage 1




No comments:

Post a Comment