Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chili Mac - Feingold Stage 2






1 lb of ground beef (I order from www.grasslandbeef.com)
1 - 15 oz can of stewed tomatoes (I use Hunt's or Muir Glen)
1 TB of chili mix (see recipe below)
2 cups of cooked noodles (we use GF Tinkyada brown rice or any)


Chili Seasoning Mix:
1 TB chili powder (if you want it hot instead of mild, use 2 TB)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano

For Chili Seasoning Mix:  Mix all the spices and store in an airtight container or glass jar in a cool, dry place.  I double the above recipe and store for later use.

Directions:
Brown the ground beef in a skillet.  Add the tomatoes and 1 TB of chili seasonings mix and heat through and chop up the tomato chunks.  Add the cooked noodles and mix together, then serve. 

I freeze any leftover meat mixture in quart size zip lock freezer bags. Then I reheat and make fresh noodles. I put this in a thermos for my daughter for school.  When I do this, I undercook the noodles slightly.  


Feingold Stage 2

To learn about how dyes, artificial flavors and other harmful chemicals can affect your child's behavior, learning, and overall health, check out my new book,"All Natural Mom's Guide to the Feingold Diet - A Natural Approach to ADHD"available now on Amazon! Get an insider's look at what the Feingold Diet entails and how to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment