Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicken Nuggets - B


½ cup dry bread crumbs (I use Edward & Sons or 365 brand from Whole Foods)
¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Horizon Organic or buy a block of parmesan cheese and put in blender)
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme (I use ¼ tsp of ground Thyme)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 cup melted butter (Horizon Organic or Land O’Lakes, etc.)
4 boneless chicken breasts (I like Smart Chicken brand from Woodman’s)

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. (I put some of this into a zip lock freezer bag and save in the freezer.) In another bowl, melt the butter.  Cut chicken into chicken nugget size cubes. Dip chicken in butter then in crumb mixture. 

Place in a greased baking pan (I grease with some of the melted butter).  Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  I use a 9x13 glass baking dish.

My son claims he doesn’t like these, but he eats them. I think it’s because he expected them to be more like regular chicken nuggets that he could eat with his hands. These are too messy for that. I think next time I’ll just cut it up and tell him it’s chicken. Everyone else likes them. They taste kind of like parmesan chicken. 

We do prefer the other chicken nugget recipe to these though. 

I adapted this recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook


Feingold Stage 1

Related Recipes:




No comments:

Post a Comment