Friday, June 22, 2012

Chicken Tenders - Feingold Stage 1








I got this recipe from a GFCF cookbook called “Cooking for Isaiah” by Silvana Nardone. She works for Rachel Ray. All of the recipes we have tried so far have been surprisingly good and pretty simple as far as GFCF goes. My very picky non-GFCF son even likes this cookbook.  You won't need all of the Frito mixture so I store in a glass jar for when I make these. 

6 cups Fritos or other corn chips crushed (I throw mine in my food processor.  I just use a whole 10 oz bag of Fritos Scoops which is about 7 cups.) 

1 and 1/2  tsp salt (Or less to taste. I use 1 tsp)

½ tsp pepper

3 eggs (I use olive oil instead)


Cut up chicken breasts into strips.  Pour out what you need of the Frito mixture into a bowl.  In another bowl pour your olive oil or slightly beaten eggs if you can do eggs. 

Dip chicken in oil or eggs then coat chicken with Frito mixture and place on to a slightly oiled baking dish. Cook at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

Freeze any leftovers.  Reheat at 400 degrees for about 11 minutes or until heated through.

I use the Frito Scoops for this recipe. Fritos have gluten cross contamination issues but the Scoops are supposed to be run on a separate line so have less CC issues.

Fritos used to be approved but they stopped filling out forms. We still use them without a problem though. Ingredients did not change. 

This recipe also included a honey mustard dipping sauce recipe but we didn’t try it.


Feingold Stage 1



For more info on the Feingold Diet, check out my new book,"All Natural Mom's Guide to the Feingold Diet - A Natural Approach to ADHD" available now on Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment