Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats



 



1 cup of Suzanne’s Ricemellow Crème

1 cup peanut butter (JIF or 365 Organic from Whole Foods)

1 TB of butter (We use Earth Balance Soy Free for dairy free)

6 cups of brown rice cereal (We use Erewhon)


Topping:

2 TB butter (Earth Balance or Land O'Lakes)

2 cups chocolate chips (We use Enjoy Life for GFCF or Ghiradelli)



Heat butter in a large saucepan.  Add Ricemellow Crème and peanut butter and stir over low heat until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Add cereal to the pan and stir to coat.  Pour mixture into a greased (I use butter) 9 x 13 pan and press down.  I put this in the freezer while I’m making the topping. Otherwise, it’s hard to spread the topping on. 


Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan until smooth.  Spread over rice krispy mixture in pan.  My son adds his own touch by sprinkling extra chocolate chips over top. 


Put pan in freezer for at least 15 minutes to set chocolate topping.  Store in refrigerator.  I cut these into squares and store in a large zip lock bag in the freezer and then we just take one out when we want one.  These are hard to cut in perfect squares but my kids don’t complain.


*I got this recipe off of Suzanne’s Specialties’ web site.  They have a few other recipes that we haven’t tried yet.  They used to sell this at Whole Foods and the health food store but they stopped for some reason so now I have to order online.  I got from www.vitacost.com for $4.31 each.  I also use this on chocolate chip s’mores pancakes. 



Feingold Stage 1

No comments:

Post a Comment