Saturday, February 16, 2013

Strawberry Citrus Juice




2 oranges
1 grapefruit
8 strawberries (or 16 raspberries)
1 to 2 kale leaves (optional)

Peel the orange and grapefruit. Remove the tops of the strawberries. Alternate adding each fruit into a juicer. 


This is our favorite juice by far! It's best to drink fresh juice first thing in the morning before eating anything else. Then wait 20-30 minutes before eating. I try to use up the fresh juice within 24 hours to get the most nutrients from it. Sometimes I make it at night for the next morning. I like to have this after a workout. 

We use an Omega juicer that I got 10 years ago. This is what Dr. Mercola was recommending back then because the motor is very slow so it does not destroy the vitamins and nutrients like some other more powerful juicers might do. I've used it to make baby food too.







I adapted this recipe from Donna Pliner Rodnitzky's book. 

Feingold Stage 2




No comments:

Post a Comment