Saturday, February 16, 2013

Watermelon Pineapple Juice - Feingold Stage 1







6 large chunks of watermelon
3 slices of canned or fresh pineapple

We used canned  pineapple because I didn't have any fresh on hand. My kids said they liked it and drinked it but when I tried to give it to them later, they said they didn't like it. So, this may be one to try with your kids. It's one of the only stage 1 recipes we have tried so far. Canned pineapple has a lower amount of salicylates than fresh.

We get the mini watermelons in the winter. Most of the time they are good, and occasionally they are not. If your kids like this one, you can also freeze them into popsicles. You can add some sugar if you'd like for the popsicles, though not necessary.


We use an Omega juicer that I got 10 years ago. This is what Dr. Mercola was recommending back then because the motor is very slow so it does not destroy the vitamins and nutrients like some other more powerful juicers might do. I've used it to make baby food too.







I got this recipe from Donna Pliner Rodnitzky's book. 

Feingold Stage 1 (If you use canned pineapple. Fresh pineapple is a medium salicylate.)



1 comment:

  1. I need to try this. I just bought a little watermelon and was wondering what to do with some of the extra. We can only eat so much in a day. :) My son loves pineapple juice so I am thinking he would love this...

    ReplyDelete