Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Food - Green Bean, Potato, and Kale Puree




¼ lb of organic green beans

1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed

4 large kale leaves, stems removed and chopped

1 cup chicken stock (homemade or Pacific brand)

1 TB olive oil


In a saucepan, combine beans, potato, kale, and chicken stock.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.  Transfer to a blender or baby food processor and add the olive oil.  Puree to desired consistency. 

I get a huge bag of organic frozen green beans from Costco.  Otherwise, I get them at Trader Joe’s, or I use the Whole Foods 365 brand.  I can find organic kale at Whole Foods or Meijers.  It is extremely healthy. 
My daughter really liked  this. 


*Adapted from a recipe from Start Fresh by Tyler Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment