Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chicken Stew


 


4 chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes (I use Organic Smart Chicken)

29 oz. chicken broth (I use one container of Pacific broth and save 3 oz for mixing corn starch at the end)

3 cups cubed peeled potatoes (I just usually use about 2 potatoes)

1 cup chopped onion (I usually just use one onion)

1 cup sliced celery

1 cup sliced carrots (I use at least 2 b/c my daughter likes carrots)

1 can (6 oz. no salt added) tomato paste (we use Tropical Tradition)

1 tsp paprika

½ tsp pepper

½ tsp rubbed sage

½ tsp dried thyme

¼ cup cold water (or I use the rest of the chicken broth)

3 TB of tapioca starch (or corn starch)


In a crock pot, combine first 11 ingredients.  Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.  Mix tapioca starch and broth until smooth and stir into the stew.  Cook for another 30 minutes. 


My daughter really likes this.  It has more of a beef stew taste to it, as opposed to a chicken pot pie.  I send it in for lunch in a thermos. 


I put my onions in the freezer for about 10 minutes before slicing and then run under cold water while peeling the skin.  Otherwise, my eyes are watering big time.  Also try to breathe through your nose and close your mouth while cutting. 



Feingold Stage 2



No comments:

Post a Comment