Sunday, June 3, 2012

Taco Seasoning


2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp crushed red pepper
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp tapioca starch (or corn starch)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground cumin



Combine all ingredients.  I double or triple the above recipe and keep stored in a glass jar.  I use 2 ½ to 3 tsp for 1 lb of meat.  Adjust to taste. Lately, my kids will only eat it if I use only 2 tsp. I think it's too bland but oh well.

McCormick 1/3 Less Sodium is approved and GFCF, but it contains corn syrup.  I actually prefer this one to McCormick’s.  Brown meat, then add spices.  I add a little water and simmer.

Feingold Stage 2

Stage 1 Recipe (I've not personally tried this)

1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp oregano
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp tapioca or corn starch as a thickener 


To learn about how dyes, artificial flavors and other harmful chemicals can affect your child's behavior, learning, and overall health, check out my new book,"All Natural Mom's Guide to the Feingold Diet - A Natural Approach to ADHD"available now on Amazon!



No comments:

Post a Comment