Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chicken Bruschetta





½ cup all purpose flour 

2 eggs, lightly beaten

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I use Organic Smart Chicken brand from Woodman's)

¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese  (I use Horizon Organic from Whole Foods)

¼ cup dry bread crumbs   (I use Edward & Sons Italian from Whole Foods)

1 TB butter, melted    (Land O’Lakes or Horizon Organic)

2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped  (I usually only use one)

3 TB of minced fresh basil   (Or 1 1/2 TB of dried basil)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 TB olive oil

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp pepper



1.      Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour then eggs.  Place in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish ( I grease with melted butter).  Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and butter.  Sprinkle over the chicken.



2.      Loosely cover baking dish with foil.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until top is browned.



3.      Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Spoon over the chicken.  Return to oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. 



I make this with some fusilli noodles (365 Brand from WF) tossed in a mix from Tastefully Simple. (Not approved).   It is called Dried Tomato, Garlic and Herb Pesto.  Follow the directions on the bottle.  


I make my son’s chicken without the tomato and basil topping.  He says it’s too “spicy.” 

This used to be my favorite meal before going GFCF.  I have not attempted to make this GFCF yet as we are just now able to do eggs a little bit now.  I'm thinking I would just have to omit the parmesan cheese or try using some Daiya mozzarella cheese grated. 


*I got this recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook. 


Feingold Stage 2


No comments:

Post a Comment