Sunday, July 29, 2012

Green Smoothie






1 cup frozen mango chunks

1 banana (frozen or fresh)

1 apple, peeled and chopped, core removed (I sub a pear)

1 TB lucuma powder (by Navitas Naturals from Whole Foods or HFS)

2 cups (packed) spinach leaves

1/8 tsp chlorella powder (I use Amazing Grass Wheatgrass powder)

2 cups filtered water


Add all ingredients into a blender, adding the water last. 


This is a recipe from Superfood Cuisine by Julie Morris.  I love how healthy this is and that my toddler loves these smoothies.  I make them into popsicles too.  This makes a large batch.  I also put them into ice cube trays and store in a zip lock bag in the freezer for about a month.  Then I take out a few cubes at night and put them in her sippy cup in the fridge for her to drink the next day.  If your kids happen to not like this, you could try adding some frozen blueberries to try to salvage it (stage 2).  If my kids didn't like something green, I told them in was Hulk or Shrek juice.  They seemed to buy it.  :)  






Feingold stage 1 if you sub a pear.  Lucuma powder may be stage 2.  I'm not sure.  You could omit it and add some canned pineapple instead.  I think the lucuma adds some sweetness. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job with marketing the green smoothies and popsicles...."it's Shrek juice". Love it!

    ReplyDelete