Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meatloaf





Third time’s a charm.  After three failed attempts at making egg free meatloaf, I finally found a winner!  I combined and adapted a few different recipes to come up with this one.  If you can do eggs, I don’t think it would hurt to add one in to help bind everything together, but it’s not necessary. 

1 lb of ground beef (I order grass fed beef from U.S. Wellness - see link on my home page)

½ cup rice milk (We use Pacific Original from Woodman’s)

½ cup bread crumbs (I use crushed Erewhon rice krispy cereal)

¼ cup chopped onion

¼ tsp sage

¼ tsp pepper

¼ tsp basil

1/8 tsp garlic powder

½ cup ketchup or BBQ sauce for the top (I use U.S. Wellness’ BBQ sauce from U.S. Wellness as well.  It’s really good!)


Combine all the ingredients (except for the ketchup or BBQ sauce) and mix with your hands until well combined.  Place in a loaf  size baking dish (9x5 or so).   Top with the ketchup or BBQ sauce. 



Cook at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.  I cooked mine for an hour because grass fed meat usually needs to cook a little longer.  Cut in slices and serve.  This doesn’t hold together quite like regular meat loaf with eggs, but it’s much better than other recipes I’ve tried.  We dip in ketchup. 


Feingold Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment